A Closer Look At The Google Page Experience Algorithm

Google provided a heads up on the page experience algorithm due to Covid-19 to ensure that you could make the necessary changes to your website so your traffic doesn’t decrease once its rolled out.

As a result, we will now take a closer look at the page experience update so that you can know what to expect and can properly prepare. Hampshire.

Page Experience

According to Google, page experience is all about how users interact with a particular web page and their overall perception and experience. When you work on optimizing these factors, then users will have a much better experience no matter what type of device or browser that they’re using. This also enables websites across the internet to get better and fulfill user expectations. This will then make the internet a lot more successful since the users will be able to use it more easily, increase engagement rates and perform transactions as easily as possible.

Essentially, page experience is all about the usability of your website.

It is also about ensuring that the sites that are on the top spots of Google are creating good user experiences and not ones that users absolutely abhor.

With that said, this will also cause a change in SEO.

Exactly why is this particular algorithm update essential?
Which are the sites that Google wants to rank in their top SERPs?

If you make a guess, you may think they want to rank websites that have the best quality links or even those with great page code. However, the truth is, the answer is neither of those.

The sites that Google wants to rank at the top of their SERPs are the websites that real users actually love.

To put this into perspective, consider the type of athletic sneakers you’d like to purchase? Exactly which brands do you automatically think about?

One of the top brands you probably thought about was likely Nike.

Next, if I asked you which type of credit card you should get, you’d automatically think Mastercard, Visa or American Express.

Due to this, it is the main reason why searches on particular brands affects rankings. So, if you had users actually searching for your brand in Google and visiting your website, then this will positively impact your rankings.

When your brand starts to grow, your organic traffic will also increase.

This isn’t actually new and has been one of Google’s ranking factors for many years.

With that said, the vast majority of websites are not heavily branded or aren’t very well known and Google is fully aware of that. As a result, even if you don’t have a big brand, it is still possible for you to rank.

We have an ad agency and we pay attention to the growth of our clients over a period of time. Out of all of our clients, only 4% are well known brands and the remaining 96% of clients that don’t have known brands are still experiencing increases in traffic over time.

Google is actually adapting and changing its algorithm so that it creates results that users truly love.

One of the ways that they achieve this is through brand queries, however, another factor that they closely consider is user experience.

So, you can bet that over the next couple of years that Google with roll out other algorithm changes that place emphasis on user experience.

Exactly how do you go about improving and optimizing your website for user experience?

Look at every page
Once you go over the initial article posted by Google on the page experience update, you’ll see that they want you to pay close attention to your website experience and page experience. This means that they will likely implement this algorithm on the page level.